FABULOUS ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE POSITION AT A CHICAGO FAMILY OFFICE
Well established Chicago single family office seeks Accounting Associate to join their team. They manage and administer Investment portfolios, provide Accounting, Tax, Financial Planning and
Estate planning services for the family members. Individual should have accounting experience as well as strong attention to detail to assist the team with recording and reporting data, and administrative support. Great opportunity to work on multiple diverse projects!
- Accounting and reporting with SEI Archway ATWeb and QuickBooks Pro for individuals, trusts, investment partnerships and foundations.
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets and SEI Archway ATWeb reports that track the family’s wealth, cash flow, and investment performance.
- Reconcile monthly brokerage and money market statements.
- Organize tax data for submission to outside accounting firm and track tax basis.
- Assist with estate planning documents including annual Crummey letters.
- Administrative tasks including deposit checks, send wire transfers, enter securities trades, make tax payments, maintain files, and handle mail.
- Interact with family members and financial advisors, including bankers, investment staff, consultants, attorneys, and accountants.
SKILLS and TRAITS:
- Accounting experience, especially for data entry to record and track investments.
- Proficient computer skills required, including Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
- SEI Archway ATWeb experience a plus.
- Basic tax return preparation experience is desirable, but not required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Capable of independent thought and work.
- Detail oriented; accurate with calculations and correspondence.
- Good judgement and problem-solving ability.
- Will enjoy working in a small family office environment where teamwork and cooperation are important.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 100% paid health benefits for employee
- Commuter benefits
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Excellent work/life balance
We offer an excellent benefit package, including medical and dental insurance, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, and outstanding 401k plan.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org