PRESTIGIOUS HIGH NET WORTH FAMILY OFFICE…
This office provides a wide variety of services for the family members including financial planning, accounting, tax planning, investment oversight and a multitude of special projects. The office is dynamic with numerous complex structures and many ongoing initiatives that will make this position interesting and challenging.
The right individual will thrive in this complex, fast-paced environment. The office is service-oriented, highly professional and takes pride in being a leader within the family office industry.
The Staff Accountant provides a unique opportunity to learn about a niche industry and to gain skills in an area that will enhance personal and professional growth. Responsibilities are in the areas of accounting, AP and audit and include but aren’t limited to:
- Using QuickBooks, maintain the general ledger for the family office entity
- Processing monthly journal entries
- Monitor cash activity and research discrepancies daily
- Prepare quarterly financial statements and assist with providing explanation for variances in actual expenses and budget
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation records
- Ensure all invoices have the necessary authorization and supporting documentation
- Upload vendor invoices to Document Management System in SharePoint.
- Perform all quarterly and year-end functions including preparation of W-2s and Federal and state payroll tax returns
“THE RIGHT PERSON”
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of accounting experience preferably from an audit background and someone who will take full ownership of the duties of this position. The individual must learn quickly and be flexible. Desired skills and characteristics include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Strong fundamental accounting skills
- Proficient with QuickBooks
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Sound aptitude for technology
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High level of organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Collaborative and a team player
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to a prominent High Net Worth Family Office in Chicago. Our client offers an competitive salary along with fantastic benefits.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
CMC Consultants Inc. would love to chat with YOU to help YOU start a new career path for 2021.
“High-Touch Recruiting in a Digital World”