INNOVATIVE FAMILY OFFICE
OVERVIEW OF ORGANIZATION
Our client is a prominent family office providing alternative investments, trust services and integrated wealth management services to four generations, located in downtown Chicago. The office serves complex investment partnerships, trusts of varying size and foundations. This organization takes pride in having created a collaborative and innovative environment where employees are encouraged to share knowledge and actively participate in projects and discussions across practice areas. The office is dynamic with sophisticated technology, numerous complex structures and many ongoing initiatives that will make this position interesting and challenging.
The Tax Manager will report to the Manager of Investment Accounting. Proactive communication of the impact of tax laws and their implications for partnerships, trusts and other entities is also an essential component of the position. This position calls for strategy, consulting, and audit skills.
- Apply tax knowledge and expertise to manage the federal and state tax compliance process for private equity partnerships while maintaining relationships with outside tax professionals
- Provide technical tax support for family trusts and other entities
- Manage the receipt and reconciliation of K-1s, Form 1099s and PFICS and prepare and maintain tax basis worksheets for each K-1 investment
- Respond to investors’ tax preparers when there are questions regarding the private equity partnerships’ K-1s and 1099s
- Proactively research complex technical tax issues and communicate their impact on partnerships, trusts and related entities in a non-technical manner
- Assist with the creation of new investment partnerships and structures and identify, propose and implement process improvements
- Research and advise on a full spectrum of tax services
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA is required, with 8 -12 years of experience in public accounting
- An advanced tax degree (MST, JD, LLM) is desired
Desired experience as a Senior Manager or seasoned Manager in a public accounting firm with relevant tax experience working with investment partnerships and trusts.
- Strong technical tax skills with an emphasis on investment partnership tax concepts & private equity and related Schedule K-1 reporting and footnotes
- Exceptional analytical skills and strategic problem-solving skills
- Strong aptitude for technology and experience with sophisticated accounting software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- An excellent and comprehensive benefit package including: health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending plans & 401(k)
Interested candidates should send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
“High-Touch Recruiting in a Digital World”